If you have any questions you may contact:
(530) 822-5225 ext. 15116
Read to succeed!
I am off to see the world!
Follow me and you will see, the library is fun for you and me!
We encourage our students to explore the many wonderful resources available in our school library.
When your child brings a library book home, please remember:
· Have your child read for 20 minutes a day.
· Read to your child everyday- once you start, it
will be hard to stop! All types of reading count-
books, newspapers, magazines included. This
will help them explore their world.
· Keep library books in a safe place.
· Treat books with care, clean hands and
· Return books on time.
· Be prepared to pay for lost or damaged
books (the full cost of replacement is your
Most of all ENJOY!
"Children are made readers
on the laps of their parents"
Classes visit the library on a weekly schedule, but students are encouraged to visit the library as often as they’d like, when instruction time permits.The library is also open during morning and lunch recess.
Students may check out 1 book at a time.
Books are marked “overdue” after one week and students may not check out additional books until their account has been cleared. A complete circulation policy is posted in the library.
Students at Bridge Street are enrolled in Accelerated Reader (A.R.), the world’s most widely used reading software. Students may take quizzes on books that they have read to test their comprehension and build fluency in reading.
Our library also hosts a student library a 5-laptop computer lab which students may use to:
- Take Accelerated Reader Quizzes
- Look up books using the online catalog
- Perform directed Internet searches
- Find AR quiz numbers or book levels on AR Bookfinder
- Explore World Book Online
- Use the Lexia Literacy Program
Minimum Days: 10:10-1:00